[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Python pythonrun.c, 2.161.2.15, 2.161.2.16

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk at shore.net
Sat Jan 8 01:14:00 CET 2005

Jeremy Hylton <jhylton at gmail.com> writes:

> ../Python/symtable.c:193: structure has no member named `st_tmpname'
>
> Do you see that?

Yeah, the merge eliminated it from the symtable struct in symtable.h.
You moved it to symtable_entry at rev 2.12 in MAIN :-)

I'll research it.

Apparently my build differs enough so that I'm still stuck in
Python-ast.c (once I had fixed pythonrun.c).

> There is this one ugly corner of Python-ast.c.  There's a routine
> that expects to take a pointer to a node, but instead gets passed an
> int.  The generated code is bogus, and I haven't decided if it needs
> to be worried about.  You need to manually edit the generated code to
> add a cast.

OK, I was looking in that direction.  Problem is with cmpop stuff.
Three hard errors when compiling.

OpenBSD.

[...]

> I don't think we'll need to merge again.  This last merge got all the
> language changes that were made for 2.4.  Since we've agreed to a
> moratorium on more compiler/bytecode changes, we shouldn't need to
> merge from the head again.

Is the plan to merge ast-branch to MAIN?  If so, it's a little tricky
since all the changes to MAIN are on ast-branch.  So just before the
final merge we need to merge MAIN to ast-branch once more and then
merge the diff from HEAD to ast-branch back to MAIN.  Or something
like that.

--
KBK