[Python-Dev] 2.3.5 schedule, and something I'd like to get in

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Jan 6 08:31:45 CET 2005

On Jan 5, 2005, at 18:46, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> I just dug up some information I had written on this particular topic
>>  but never published, if you're interested:
>> http://bob.pythonmac.org/archives/2005/01/05/versioned-frameworks-
>> considered-harmful/
>
> Interesting. I don't get the part why "-undefined dynamic_lookup"
> is a good idea (and this is indeed what bothered me most to begin
> with).
> As you say, explicitly specifying the target .dylib should work as
> well, and it also does not require 10.3.

Without -undefined dynamic_lookup, your Python extensions are bound to
a specific Python installation location (i.e. the system 2.3.0 and a
user-installed 2.3.4).  This tends to be quite a problem.  With
-undefined dynamic_lookup, they are not.

Just search for "version mismatch" on pythonmac-sig:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22version+mismatch%22+pythonmac-
sig+site:mail.python.org&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

-bob