[Python-Dev] PEP 347: Migration to Subversion

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 21:49:39 CEST 2005

[Michael Hudson]
>> I suppose another question is: when?  Between 2.4.2 and 2.5a1 seems
>> like a good opportunity.  I guess the biggest job is collection of
>> keys and associated admin?

[Martin v. Löwis]
> I would agree. However, there still is the debate of hosting the
> repository elsehwere. Some people (Anthony, Guido, Tim) would prefer
> to pay for it, instead of hosting it on svn.python.org.

Not this Tim.  I _asked_ whether we had sufficient volunteer resource
to host it on python.org, because I didn't know.  Barry has since made
sufficiently reassuring gurgles on that point, in particular that
ongoing maintenance (after initial conversion) for filesystem-flavor
SVN is likely in-the-noise level work.