[Python-Dev] PEP 347: Migration to Subversion

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Aug 16 21:28:35 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 15:18, Neil Schemenauer wrote:

> Another option would be to pay someone to maintain the SVN setup on
> python.org.  Unfortunately, I guess that would require someone else
> to first create a detailed description of the maintenance work
> required and to process bids.

Again, it's not clear to me that there's much more we need to have done
that we either don't want to do ourselves or that XS4ALL isn't doing for
us.  IOW, we get backups for free and mostly the repo just swims along
nicely.  We have to do user management, but I think we want to do that
ourselves anyway.  There may be occasional infrastructural work that
needs to happen (e.g. we still owe Martin a login for tunneling), but
those tasks seem to me to be better handled either by volunteers or by
short-term paid piece work.

-Barry