[Python-Dev] PEP: Migrating the Python CVS to Subversion

Nicholas Bastin nick.bastin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 18:27:36 CEST 2005

On 8/8/05, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Nicholas Bastin wrote:
> > It's a mature product.  I would hope that that would count for
> > something.
>
> Sure. But so is subversion.

I will then assume that you and I have different ideas of what 'mature' means.

> So I should then remove your offer to host a perforce installation,
> as you never made such an offer, right?

Correct.
 .
> Yes. That's what this PEP is for. So I guess you are -1 on the
> PEP.

Not completely.  More like -0 at the moment.  We need a better system,
but I think we shouldn't just pick a system because it's the one the
PEP writer preferred - there should be some sort of effort to test a
few systems (including bug trackers).  I know this is work, but this
isn't just something we can change easily again later.

--
Nick