[Python-Dev] PEP: Migrating the Python CVS to Subversion

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Mon Aug 8 20:58:06 CEST 2005

[Aahz wrote]
> On Sun, Aug 07, 2005, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> >
> > We'd also have to teach the current crop of developers how to use the
> > client tools effectively.  I think it's fairly simple to teach a CVS
> > user how to use Subversion, but have no idea if translating CVS
> > experience to Perforce is as straightforward.
>
> The impression I got from Alex Martelli is that it's not particularly
> straightforward.

Agreed.

> (Google apparently uses Perforce.)

We do at ActiveState as well. *The* Perl source code repository is a
Perforce one (hosted separately here at ActiveState as well). Microsoft
licenses the Perforce code and uses it (with some slight modifications I
hear) internally.

Trent

--
Trent Mick