[Python-Dev] PEP 347: Migration to Subversion

Brett Cannon bcannon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 19:14:30 CEST 2005

On 8/7/05, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Brett Cannon wrote:
> > What is going in under python/ ?  If it is what is currently
> > /dist/src/, then great and the renaming of the repository works.
>
> Just have a look yourself :-) Yes, this is dist/src.

Ah, OK.  I didn't drill far enough down.  Not enough experience with
svn to realize that the directory was not just filled with default
directories.

> > But if that is what src/ is going to be used for
>
> This is nondist/src. Perhaps I should just move nondist/src/Compiler,
> and drop nondist/src.

Wouldn't hurt.  Since svn allows directory deletion there doesn't seem
to be an huge need to worry about the projects/ directory getting to
large.

> > And I assume you are going to list the directory structure in the PEP
> > at some point.
>
> Please take a look at the PEP.

OK, now I see it.  I scanned the PEP initially but I didn't see it;
guess I was expecting a more literal directory list than a paragraph
on it.

-Brett