[Python-Dev] PEP: Migrating the Python CVS to Subversion

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Aug 2 23:16:05 CEST 2005

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> True, but if we never ask, we'll never know :-)
>
> My question was: Would asking a professional hosting company
> be a reasonable approach ?

It would be an option, yes, of course. It's not an approach that
*I* would be willing to implement, though.

>>From the answers, I take it that there's not much trust in these
> offers, so I guess there's not much desire to PSF money into this.

I haven't received any offers to make a qualified statement. I only
know that I would oppose an approach to ask somebody but our
volunteers to do it for free, and I also know that I don't want to
spend my time researching commercial alternatives (although I
wouldn't mind if you spent your time).

Regards,
Martin