[Python-Dev] PEP: Migrating the Python CVS to Subversion

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Aug 2 18:06:20 CEST 2005

[Raymond Hettinger]

> >    http://www.venge.net/monotone/

> The current release is 0.21 which suggests that it is not ready for
> primetime.

It suggests it, yes, and to me as well.  On the other hand, there is
a common prejudice that something requires many releases, or frequent
releases, to be qualified as good.  While it might be true on average,
this is not necessarily true: some packages need not so many steps for
becoming very usable, mature or stable.  (Note that I'm not asserting
anything about Monotone, here.)  We should merely keep an open mind.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca