[Python-Dev] using openssh's pty code

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Sep 26 20:49:55 CEST 2004

J Raynor wrote:
> I think the better solution would be to modify the C code in
> posixmodule.c, or to provide an alternate module (written in C).  For
> the alternate module idea, the pty module could import it and check to
> see if it provides openpty() (for example), just as the pty module
> currently tries to use os.openpty() before it tries its own
> implementation of openpty().

Either would be fine. For the separate-module approach, I strongly
advise that you publish this separately first, and collect user
feedback. If a sufficient number of users would like to see it included
in Python, and if you volunteer to maintain the module within Python
for an extended period of time, we can include it.

Regards,
Martin