[Python-Dev] --with-tsc compile fails

Ilya Sandler ilya at bluefir.net
Wed Sep 15 05:06:30 CEST 2004

> It sounds like <asm/msr.h> is for Microsoft platforms, but I'm
> building on Linux.  Perhaps the change to add PPC support screwed up
> the ifdefs that were detecting a Windows compile?  Does it work for
> anyone else?

/usr/include/asm/msr.h exists on my linux system (mixed Debian 3.0)
(msr.h came with linux-kernel-headers package, my kernel version 2.4.25)

and compile with WITH_TSC defined worked fine for me about a week ago

Ilya

PS. just checked my other ancient RedHat 7.2 install and it also has
/usr/include/asm/msr.h