[Python-Dev] Adding a developer

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 22 15:04:38 CEST 2004

Lars Gustäbel wrote:
> BTW, The "Open issues" section of PEP #2 proposes a practice for module
> maintenance. It's about having a list of module maintainers that are notified
> each time there are issues with their module. Maybe there needs to be a more
> general discussion on this whole topic.

Is it possible to give developers privileges on SF *without* granting
CVS access to those that don't want it? Then (e.g. Lars) could be added
to the list of people that bugs could be assigned to, without any (even
imagined) pressure to commit changes directly to the source tree.

This could also be useful for having a few more people who can handle
tracker items on SF (e.g. by assigning bugs to those likely to be
knowledgeable about them), without having to give them all CVS access.
I'd be interested in having more ability to help handle bugs, but I see
no reason at all to give me write access to CVS.

However, I don't know enough about Source Forge to know if either idea
is possible.

Regards,
Nick.