[Python-Dev] About the Wise installer on Windows

Nick Bastin nbastin at opnet.com
Wed Oct 13 21:31:38 CEST 2004

On Oct 13, 2004, at 3:15 PM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> Alexandre Parenteau wrote:
>> I am looking for a way to build and make an installer out of Python
>> on a Win x86_64 platform which is not supported yet by the Python
>> team.
>
> Out of curiosity: where did you obtain the operating system, and where
> will you obtain a C compiler for the platform? To my knowledge,
> Microsoft has released neither, yet.

Microsoft made available an OS to the general public (2003 Pro, I
think) for x86_64 at *least* 6 months ago, maybe more, and MSDN members
have access to other OS builds as well (at least 2003 server).  You
have at least 2 compiler options, namely MSVC++ and GCC.  ICL does not
(yet) support x64_64.

--
Nick