[Python-Dev] Timing for Py2.4

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Mon Mar 29 23:58:31 EST 2004

> Saying "oh, just release an alpha1 anyway,
> if it is completely screwed, we can just release an alpha2 two days
> later" underestimates the amount of work needed to cut one of these
> things.

Don't misquote.  I said alphas are part of the development process that
allows a wider range of people to exercise the build with the potential
benefit of finding an issue that would have otherwise gone undetected.
Issuing an alpha is not an irresponsible act.

> "Unnecessary" would seem to be in the eye of the beholder.

Unnecessary means that currently no one has committed to any work effort
after May 1.  If the past few months are any indication, those bits will
just sit there.

Raymond