[Python-Dev] Third Bug Day outcome

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Aug 10 15:37:46 CEST 2004

"A.M. Kuchling" <amk at amk.ca> writes:

> The bug day on Saturday went well, as usual.  19 bugs and 12 patches
> were closed.  That's not as good as the first bug day (30 bugs), but
> is competitive with the second (18 bugs, 21 patches).  Lots of the
> easy bugs have been cleaned out, I expect, so each remaining bug takes
> more time to fix.
>
> The composition of the turnout was the surprising thing. My plaintive
> bleating on python-dev resulted in much higher participation by people
> with CVS committers, but there weren't many non-committer people
> around (Seo Sanghyeon and Mike Coleman were the two non-developers I
> noticed).

Well apart from jlgijsbers who you mentioned in your post :-)

I don't know how much longer we should let him get away with not being
a commiter, though <wink>.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  ... so the notion that it is meaningful to pass pointers to memory
  objects into which any random function may write random values