[Python-Dev] Re: Python-dev get-togethers?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Aug 10 00:34:38 CEST 2004

BTW, Neal Norwitz recently suggested to me that having local, physical
meetings of python-dev'vers would be useful for planning (and perhaps
development) purposes.  While Guido and Jeremy are no longer in the DC
area, there's still a number of people here -- Tim, Fred, Barry, Jim,
Neil Schemenauer, Neal Norwitz, Steve Holden, me -- who could usefully
chew over issues or work on some particularly difficult task or bug.

(I don't think it's very useful to congregate physically just to work
on run-of-the-mill bugs and patches; as a group we've become pretty
skilled at working remotely on simpler things.)

We could meet at someone's house, do two or four hours of work or
discussion, and then turn it into a party.  Would anyone else in the
DC metro area be interested in coming to such a thing?  Please mail me
privately if you'd be interested, or if you could offer your home as a
location.

(This wouldn't happen until later in the fall, October/Novemberish;
for now I just want to see if there's any interest.)

--amk