[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/nondist/peps pep-0329.txt, 1.2, 1.3

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Apr 20 11:31:25 EDT 2004

> Adopt Jack Diederich's suggested module name.

I think pragma.py is a poor name for this, because (a) pragma is a
candidate keyword (it has keyword status in most languages that have
it) and (b) the word pragma implies compiler directives of any kind,
not just the specific function proposed in this PEP.

Also, a heads up: unless this PEP gets a lot more support from folks
whose first name isn't Raymond, I'm going to reject it.