[Python-Dev] alternate pserver access for python CVS?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sun, 06 Jul 2003 12:45:49 +0200

Anthony Baxter wrote:

>>Just a thought, not sure whether it's even possible (being no CVS
>>expert): wouldn't it be possible to setup a caching CVS proxy on
>>a more reliable machine, e.g. the python.org one ?
>

> That's what I was referring to originally - we take the nightly snapshot
> and unpack it and serve from it.

Hmm, but how is CVS read-only access different from downloading
a tarball ? (except maybe for the different bandwidth they require
in case of updates)

Perhaps we should setup an rsync server on python.org which allows
getting at the current snapshot incrementally ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 06 2003)
2003-07-01: Released mxODBC.Zope.DA for FreeBSD             1.0.6 beta 1