[Python-Dev] Re: Extension modules, Threading, and the GIL

"Martin v. Löwis" martin@v.loewis.de
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:25:38 +0100

David Abrahams wrote:
> Boost covers only pthreads and Win32 at the moment.  I thought I
> understood Tim to be saying that all of the other ones should be
> considered broken in Python anyway until proven otherwise, which is
> why I bothered to mention it.

Right. My response was really addressing Holger's suggestion that
support for those platforms can be copied from ACE, and your suggestion
that this support is better copied from Boost. Neither will help for the
platforms for which Tim is willing to say that they become broken.

Regards,
Martin