[Python-Dev] Re: Package Install Manager for Python

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:38:36 -0500

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003, Terry Reedy wrote:

> Ok, I'll be uncool.  To me, a pimp is a type of rapist.  Hardly
> something to joke about.  In much of America, asking a female employee
> to use 'pimp' to procure something might well be an invitation to file
> a sex-harassment lawsuit.  To both me and my wife (who would be
> insulted if so asked), the name says 'this is a college frat/nerd
> prank product, not for serious business/professional use".

Yeah, I was wavering, but now I think I'm -1, too.  In particular, I
suspect that "pimp" would be far more likely to bother women.  There
don't seem to be many women on python-dev; perhaps we should ask on
c.l.py.

OTOH, I disagree with Terry about pimp == rapist, but that's a debate
for another forum.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

Register for PyCon now!  http://www.python.org/pycon/reg.html