[Python-Dev] Slogan: Getting Rich Overnight

Gary Herron gherron at islandtraining.com
Sat Aug 9 10:50:45 EDT 2003

On Saturday 09 August 2003 09:24 am, Lalo Martins wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 04:59:27AM +0200, Christian Tismer wrote:
> > I loved this statement very much, and I have to say, this
> > is essentially my feeling for myself, since many years now.
> > I could imagine that this might be a candidate for next year's
> > Python congress' slogan. "Python makes you rich, overnight".
> > Not by money, in the first place, but by multiplying your
> > own capabilities, immediately.
> >
> > It needed the fresh experience of a newcomer to become aware
> > of this, again.
> >
> > The ambiguity is obvious. On first reading, it will attract
> > many. On second reading, those who are thinking "ahh, ohh, yes,
> > not I understand" will remain. But that's ok for a good slogan!
>
> of course all mail we send with this slogan will be held by spam
> filters ;-) yours only escaped because my spambayes seems to
> consider your name "ham".

That and things Python and Python related tipped the balance of my
spambayes towards "ham", but it had to overcome some highly suspicious
words, as can be seen from some of the individual word scores.

  python,           0.00198325253416
  python's          0.00372208436725
  url:starship      0.0067264573991
  "python           0.0079086115993