[Python-Dev] addressing distutils inability to track file dependencies

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:44:07 -0400

[Guido]
> (I just wish it were easier to make distutils do the right thing for
> debug builds of Python.  This has improved on Unix but I hear it's
> still broken on Windows.)

Hard to say.  "stupid_build.py --debug" works great on Windows in the Zope3
tree.  "setup.py --debug" on Windows in the Zope tree builds the debug stuff
but leaves the results in unusable places.  Since I don't understood
disutils or the Zope build process, I'm not complaining.  There's nothing
that can't be fixed by hand via a mouse, Windows Explorer, and a spare hour
each time around <wink>.