[Python-Dev] Review of build system patch requested

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 00:24:13 -0400

> Now I need some help checking this baby in!  My change touches
> Makefile.pre.in and configure.in, and require that both "autoheader" and
> "autoconf" be run to correctly regenerate output files.
>
> How should I do this checkin?  Is it necessary for me to perform any
> additional steps, or is there some magic that allows me to simply check
> these 2 files in and have everything else work?

You need to check in the files that result from running these two; I
believe that's configure and pyconfig.h.in.

Note that we require just about the latest and greatest autoconf.  If
you screw up MvL will correct you. :-)