[Python-Dev] Re: Infinie recursion in Pickle

François Pinard pinard@iro.umontreal.ca
01 Jul 2002 14:13:41 -0400

[Tim Peters]

> François, I swear you spend more time complaining about SF than it would
> take to just use it.

So far, its kif-kif.  (I'm not sure it is English: I mean that I spent
about the same time complaining that I spent trying to use the beast).
The balance would probably break if I was trying to use SF more often! :-)

> You're not going to prevail on this, so please save everyone's time
> (yours and ours) by skipping the repetition.

I'm not at all trying to prevail, I do not have such needs.  However, it
is worth underlining that there are other ways to communication, and that
the Python community might disserve itself by asserting there is only one.

> Despite its flaws, the SF-based trackers work at least a thousand times
> better than that did in the end.  We can't go back.

There is only once choice left, then, and that's going forward!  I intend to
give `roundup' an honest try, while understanding it is still in the works.