[niemeyer@conectiva.com: Re: [Python-Dev] Python's footprint]

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:41:46 -0200

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

> Wouldn't it be much simpler to wrap the complete Py_DOCSTR()=20
> into #ifdefs ?

Yes, it's going to be wrapped! I took this code out of a file I was
using to show the #ifdef problem.

> BTW, I don't we'll ever need to #ifdef doc-strings for platforms;

This would make things pretty easy, but note that we are *already*
#ifdef'ing doc-strings for platforms. Python/sysmodule.c is an example
of such.

> you can just as well put the information for all platforms into=20
> the doc-string -- after the recipient is a human with enough=20
> non-AI to parse the doc-string into meaningful sections ;-)

Cool! Are we going to change the existent doc strings then?

--=20
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

--huq684BweRXVnRxX--