[Python-Dev] Re: proposal: add basic time type to the standard library

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:37:37 -0800

Tim Peters wrote:

> Like I said <wink>, Microsoft has more experience with this stuff than
> anyone.  Check out
>=20
>     http://www.trigeminal.com/
>=20
> Provided you're using IE, it should up come in the right language for y=
ou.
> Try viewing it in different languages, and note, e.g., how date formats
> change automatically.

Except that:

	Derni=E8re mise-=E0-jour:  02/08/02 05:33 AM=20

is not correct.  The AM/PM distinction is one which no right-thinking
folks bother with.  Then again, it looks like that particular line is
not using their fancy logic, since the date is in the future if you
follow the pattern set by other dates.

Also note:

    Des problemes avec ce site? SVP, contacter le webmaster
    avec vos commentaires, questions ou suggestions (si possible, en
anglais).

which is pretty funny =3D).

--david