[Python-Dev] Mmh, unrelated "silly" test suite patch

Samuele Pedroni pedroni@inf.ethz.ch
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:36:28 +0100

Hi, mmh, kind of break

strange as it may seem (CVS homework results)
in 1994 Guido added some tests for the tuple
built-in to the test suite but this one has
never grown some explicit tests for the basic behavior
of list(SEQ).

Maybe there is some esoteric reason for this,
but anyway I have just posted a patch to SF

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=523169&group_id=5470&
atid=305470

with tests for list() and an amended test for tuple(),
in particular they try to check:

list2 = list(LIST)
list2 is not LIST and list2 == LIST

tuple(TUPLE) is TUPLE

also the documented behavior.

Yup, there is no hurry to check this in,
I have written this because
yesterday the lacking test has burned "badly" your Jython brothers
[we don't have a time machine on our side :(]

and for the benefit of the future generations of Python
re-implementers.

The new tests pass Python 2.2.

hoping-that-doing-this-so-late-in-game-will-not-cause-some-kind-of-karmic-
unbalance-also-because-I-have-just-bumped-the-#-of-patches-from-sacred-128-
to-129-ly y'rs - Samuele.