[Python-Dev] test_minidom crash

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:19:20 -0500

> Probably.
> But nobody cares about your machine <1.9 wink>
> In the Py2.1b2 you shipped, the line says
> '''
> __version__ = "1.9".split()[1]
> '''
> It's line 18.

No, in the 2.1b2 I installed on my machine, from the installer I sucked down
from SourceForge, the line is what I said it was:

__version__ = "$Revision: 1.9 $".split()[1]

So you're talking about something else, but I don't know what ...

Ah, OK!  It's that silly source tarball, Python-2.1b2.tgz.  I just sucked
that down from SF, and *that* does have the damaged line just as you say (in
Lib/xml/__init__.py).

I guess we're going to have to wait for Guido to wake up and explain how this
got hosed ... in the meantime, switch to Windows and use a real installer
<wink>.