[Python-Dev] test_minidom crash

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:01:44 +0200

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 02:52:28 -0500, "Tim Peters" <tim.one@home.com> wrote:

> Believe me, we would not have shipped 2.1b2 if it failed any of the std tests
> (and I ran the whole suite 8 ways:  with and without nuking all .pyc/.pyo
> files first, with and without -O, and under release and debug builds).
>
> > I don't know what it was supposed to be, but .split() without an
> > argument splits on whitespace. best guess is "1.9".split('.') ??
>
> On my box that line is:
>
> __version__ = "$Revision: 1.9 $".split()[1]
>
> So this is this some CVS retrieval screwup?

Probably.
But nobody cares about your machine <1.9 wink>
In the Py2.1b2 you shipped, the line says
'''
__version__ = "1.9".split()[1]
'''
It's line 18.
That, or someone managed to crack one of the routers from SF to me.

should-we-start-signing-our-releases-ly y'rs, Z.
--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,