FW: FW: [Python-Dev] Simple generator implementation

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:52:14 +0100

Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> > > At IPC9, Guido put up a poll of likely use of stackless features, and it was a
> > > pretty clear arithmetic progression from those who wanted to use microthreads,
> > > to those who wanted co-routines, to those who wanted just generators.  The
> > > generator folks were probably 2/3 of the assembly.  Looks as if many have
> > > decided, and they seem to agree with you.
> >
> > Here the exact facts of the poll:
> >
> >      microthreads: 26
> >      co-routines:  35
> >      generators:   44
> >
> > I think this reads a little different.
>
> Either you're misreading me or I'm misreading you, because your facts seem to
> *exactly* corroborate what I said.  26 -> 35 -> 44 is pretty much an
> arithmetic progression, and it's exactly in the direction I mentioned
> (microthreads -> co-routines -> generators), so what difference do you see?
>
> Of course my 2/3 number is a guess.  60 - 70 total people in the room strikes
> my memory rightly.  Anyone else?

You are right, I was misunderstanding you. I thought 2/3rd of
all votes were in favor of generators, while my picture
is "most want generators, but the others are of comparable
interest".

sorry - ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@tismer.com>