FW: FW: [Python-Dev] Simple generator implementation

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 07:42:04 -0700

> > At IPC9, Guido put up a poll of likely use of stackless features, and it was a
> > pretty clear arithmetic progression from those who wanted to use microthreads,
> > to those who wanted co-routines, to those who wanted just generators.  The
> > generator folks were probably 2/3 of the assembly.  Looks as if many have
> > decided, and they seem to agree with you.
>
> Here the exact facts of the poll:
>
>      microthreads: 26
>      co-routines:  35
>      generators:   44
>
> I think this reads a little different.

Either you're misreading me or I'm misreading you, because your facts seem to
*exactly* corroborate what I said.  26 -> 35 -> 44 is pretty much an
arithmetic progression, and it's exactly in the direction I mentioned
(microthreads -> co-routines -> generators), so what difference do you see?

Of course my 2/3 number is a guess.  60 - 70 total people in the room strikes
my memory rightly.  Anyone else?