[Python-Dev] Simple generators, round 2

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 18:43:20 +0100

Neil Schemenauer wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 06:25:43PM +0100, Christian Tismer wrote:
> > I believe this is going to be the best possible efficient
> > implementation of generators.  And I'm very confident that it
> > will make it into the core with ease and without the need for a
> > PEP.
>
> I sure hope not.  We need to come up with better APIs and a
> better interface from Python code.  The current interface is not
> efficiently implementable in Jython, AFAIK.  We also need to
> figure out how to make things play nicely with stackless.  IMHO,
> a PEP is required.

Yes, sure. What I meant was not the current code, but the
simplistic, straightforward approach.

> My plan now is to look at how stackless works as I now understand
> some of the issues.  Since no stackless light patch exists
> writing one may be a good learning project.  Its still a long
> road to 2.2. :-)

Warning, *unreadable* code. If you really want to read that,
make sure to use ceval_pre.c, this comes almost without optimization.

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@tismer.com>
Kaunstr. 26                  :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/