[Python-Dev] Simple generators, round 2

Neil Schemenauer nas@arctrix.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:38:44 -0800

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 06:25:43PM +0100, Christian Tismer wrote:
> I believe this is going to be the best possible efficient
> implementation of generators.  And I'm very confident that it
> will make it into the core with ease and without the need for a
> PEP.

I sure hope not.  We need to come up with better APIs and a
better interface from Python code.  The current interface is not
efficiently implementable in Jython, AFAIK.  We also need to
figure out how to make things play nicely with stackless.  IMHO,
a PEP is required.

My plan now is to look at how stackless works as I now understand
some of the issues.  Since no stackless light patch exists
writing one may be a good learning project.  Its still a long
road to 2.2. :-)

  Neil