[Python-Dev] os module UserDict

Tue, 6 Mar 2001 08:22:58 +0100

> I think that the problem is that the whole _Environ stuff should be
> inside the else part of the try/except, but I'm not sure I fully
> understand what goes on.  Could whoever did these mods have a look?

I agree that this patch was broken; the _Environ stuff was in the else
part before. The change was committed by gvanrossum; the checkin
comment says that its author was dschwertberger.

> Also, it seems that the whole if name != "riscos" is a bit of a
> hack...

I agree. What it seems to say is 'even though riscos does have a
putenv, we cannot/should not/must not wrap environ with a UserDict.'

I'd suggest to back-out this part of the patch, unless a consistent
story can be given RSN.

Regards,
Martin

P.S. os.py mentions an "import riscos". Where is that module?