[Python-Dev] Adding Asian codecs to the core

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:48:14 -0700 (PDT)

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Aahz Maruch wrote:
>> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>>>
>>> Tamito KAJIYAMA recently announced that he changed the licenses
>>> on his Japanese codecs from GPL to a BSD variant. This is great
>>> news since this would allow adding the codecs to the Python core
>>> which would certainly attract more users to Python in Asia.
>>>
>>> The codecs are 280kB when compressed as .tar.gz file.
>>
>> +0
>>
>> I like the idea, am uncomfortable with that amount of space.
>
> Tamito corrected me about the size (his file includes the .pyc
> byte code files): the correct size for the sources is 143kB --
> almost half of what I initially wrote.

That makes me +0.5, possibly a bit higher.
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

I don't really mind a person having the last whine, but I do mind someone
else having the last self-righteous whine.