[Python-Dev] Adding Asian codecs to the core

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:42:30 -0700 (PDT)

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Tamito KAJIYAMA recently announced that he changed the licenses
> on his Japanese codecs from GPL to a BSD variant. This is great
> news since this would allow adding the codecs to the Python core
> which would certainly attract more users to Python in Asia.
>
> The codecs are 280kB when compressed as .tar.gz file.

+0

I like the idea, am uncomfortable with that amount of space.
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

I don't really mind a person having the last whine, but I do mind someone
else having the last self-righteous whine.