[Python-Dev] mail.python.org black listed ?!

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:56:17 +0200

Since yesterday evening I haven't received any email from
mail.python.org. A look in my mail delivery log file showed
that sendmail is rejecting mails from mail.python.org
(63.102.49.29) with the following message:

"""
5.3.0 Mail from 63.102.49.29 rejected - open relay;see http://www.orbs.org
"""

Checking www.orbs.org I find:

"""
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the ORBS website is no longer
available.
"""

I've disabled the orbs.org spam filter in sendmail for now,
but this could be a problem for others as well...

Perhaps someone could find out how to remove mail.python.org
from the ORBS black list since this is likely going to affect
more people who use sendmail.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg