[Python-Dev] Python 2.1.1 & Mac/

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:41:55 -0400

> When I updated the 2.1.1 tree this morning, I noticed it checked out
> the entire Mac/ subtree... As it wasn't part of 2.1, I don't think
> it should be part of 2.1.1, and I don't remember seeing any add's
> for it (at least not with the release21-maint tag.) Jack/Just, did
> either of you add it explicitly ? If so, there's something wrong
> with the checkin messages for those adds. If not, it's likely
> something went wrong with Guido's attempt to add the
> date-snapshot/descr-branch tags to all files :P In that case, I
> guess we'll have to manually exclude the Mac/ tree from the source
> tarball of the final release, next friday.

I don't recall doing this, but it's possible that it happened this
way.  "cvs tag" operations don't create email notifications!  E.g. on
Mac/Relnotes, I see that the release21-maint tag is set.

If Jack&Just agree, the best way to go about this (I think) is to
execute the command "cvs tag -d release21-maint" in the Mac branch, to
delete the tag.  Make very sure to only do this in the Mac branch!!!

On the other hand, it could be that Jack/Just intends to release a
2.1.1 version of MacPython, and then the tagging is correct.  But I
would still exclude the Mac tree from the 2.1.1 source distribution.