[Python-Dev] "Becoming a Python Developer"

Samuele Pedroni Samuele Pedroni <pedroni@inf.ethz.ch>
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 19:08:25 +0200 (MET DST)

[BAW]

>     AK> BTW, I assume the Jython source uses the standard Java
>     AK> indentation and formatting style?
>
> Finn and Samuele are better arbiters of this, but when I was hacking
> JPython, the answer was yes, with one exception: the opening brace for
> a class should be on a line by itself, in column zero (not, as is the
> Java convention, hanging at the right end of the first line of code).
> E.g. the convention was the same as Guido has for C code.
>
> This was done primarily for Emacs' sake, but I don't think Finn or
> Samuele use Emacs for their development.

My bad, now both styles:

class A { and
class A
{

appear in the code, I use Forte.

>LOL!  You should have seen it before it was imported into CVS!  It
>would have made you cry!

I was unaware of that. In any case I have added my personal amount
of entropy to the code, and it wasn't in any way a targeted critique.
Simply CPython code looks mostly better, maybe is just a virtue of C <wink>.

Samuele.