[Python-Dev] "Becoming a Python Developer"

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 12:51:39 -0400

    AK> BTW, I assume the Jython source uses the standard Java
    AK> indentation and formatting style?

Finn and Samuele are better arbiters of this, but when I was hacking
JPython, the answer was yes, with one exception: the opening brace for
a class should be on a line by itself, in column zero (not, as is the
Java convention, hanging at the right end of the first line of code).
E.g. the convention was the same as Guido has for C code.

This was done primarily for Emacs' sake, but I don't think Finn or
Samuele use Emacs for their development.

-Barry