[Python-Dev] While we're deprecating...

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 12:10:25 +0200

While we're in the deprecation mood (not that I changed my mind on xrage()
;P) how about we deprecate the alternate-tab-size-comment checks of the
parser. That is, generate a deprecation warning for these comments:

                        "tab-width:",           /* Emacs */
                        ":tabstop=",            /* vim, full form */
                        ":ts=",                 /* vim, abbreviated form */
                        "set tabsize=",         /* will vi never die? */

with sizes other than '8', and rip out the code in 2.3 ?

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>