[Python-Dev] PEP 250, site-python, site-packages

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 09:31:32 -0400

    GH> You've hit the forbidden question ;-)

    GH> Seriously, does anybody (besides the Python developers) feel a
    GH> need to have multiple Python versions on the same system ?

Yes, definitely as both a Zope and Mailman developer <wink> I need
multiple Python versions.  But I suspect even normal users of the
system will need multiple versions.  Different Python-based apps are
requiring their users to upgrade Python on their own schedule, so
multiple versions will still be required.

-Barry