[Python-Dev] CVS

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 13:41:51 +0200

Slightly off-topic, but I've depleted all my other sources :) I'm trying to
get CVS to give me all logentries for all checkins in a specific branch (the
2.1.1 branch) so I can pipe it through logmerge. It seems the one thing I'm
missing now is a branchpoint tag (which should translate to a revision with
an even number of dots, apparently) but 'release21' and 'release21-maint'
both don't qualify. Even the usage logmerge suggests (cvs log -rrelease21)
doesn't work, gives me a bunch of "no revision =12elease21' in <file>"
warnings and just all logentries for those files.

Am I missing something simple, here, or should I hack logmerge to parse the
symbolic names, figure out the even-dotted revision for each file from the
uneven-dotted branch-tag, and filter out stuff outside that range ? :P

--=20
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>

Hi! I'm a .signature virus! copy me into your .signature file to help me sp=
read!