[Python-Dev] Common runtime sociology

Paul Prescod paulp@ActiveState.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 18:11:41 -0700

It is my gut feeling that the only way to get to a common runtime (if it
is possible at all) is to take the development out of the hands of any
language group and put it in a trusted third party's hands. If any
language group feels like its concerns are going to get second-class
attention, they'll go back and focus on their own implementation.

So that's just my feeling...if the goal of some people is really to have
the different languages share implementation then the technical issues
are secondary to the project organization and leadership.

--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.