[Python-Dev] RE: Python-Dev digest, Vol 1 #1324 - 16 msgs

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:40:27 -0400

[Greg Wilson]
> I'd really like class methods so that my classes can carry their
> factory methods around with them, and so that these factories can
> be selectively overridden in derived classes.

Without a concrete example it's risky to guess, but that sounds more like
class static (in C++ terms) methods to me.  "class methods" in *this* thread
is being used in a Smalltalk sense (because it's Thomas Heller's thread, and
he made clear that he doesn't want C++-style class statics).  And, yes,
without a concrete example, it's risky to guess what that means too <wink>.

expecting-a-long-thread-full-of-misinterpreted-words-ly y'rs  - tim