[Python-Dev] Re: Problem with SSL and socketmodule on Debian Potato?

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 14:29:31 +0300

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 20:57:00 -0500, Guido van Rossum <guido@digicool.com> wrote:

> Even worse (in my view), the error message is as soon as the socket
> module is imported!  This is bad, because most uses of socket aren't
> interested in its SSl capabilities!

Yeah, well, for 2.2 I'm planning to have a suggestion for redoing the
SSL support in Python, which is currently brain damaged in many ways,
and this is one.

> I don't like either one.

Mine at least has the property that we're no worse off then 2.0

> > + #if OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER < 0x0090510fL
>
> Don't you have this backwards?

Yes, sorry.

--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,