[Python-Dev] SF wierdness [Cygwin entry for README file]

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:06:22 -0500

> Tim Peters wrote:
> > [Neil Schemenauer]
> > > Is it a browser issue or is it that only people on the project
> > > can delete things?
> >
> > I don't know.  Another possibility to consider is that perhaps only project
> > Admins can delete things (which I am, but Jason isn't -- can you delete
> > things, Neil?).
>
> With Netscape Communicator 4.76 on Linux I can attach a file
> without entering a comment.  I can also delete a file without
> entering a comment.  This works when using a Squid 2.2.5 proxy
> and when using a direct connection.
>
>   Neil

There's a tiny checkbox next to the file upload entry box.  If you
don't check the checkbox, the upload is ignored.  (God knows why they
added this feature -- it's not like it's easy to upload a file by
mistake. :-)

Could it be that those users who complain they can't upload didn't
check the box?

Other random theories: maybe it works differently when not logged in?
Certainly you can't delete a file when you're not logged in.