[Python-Dev] What to choose to replace Tkinter?

Gordon McMillan gmcm@hypernet.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:05:02 -0400

James C. Ahlstrom said:

> > Yes, very slick.  My daughter has an app where you click on
> > doors to access parts of the program.  Nice design.

[Greg Ward]
> This is generally considered Bad Form by usability types.  I think it
> boils down to this: the computer is not the real world, and trying to
> emulate the real world on the computer is cutesy but a dead end.

I once interviewed with a game designer (sports games -
popular ones, too). He spent half an hour slamming MS's UI
(his games run on Windows). Then he pulled up his latest
(opening to a sports stadium) and said "Now here's a real UI".
So I said "Show me how it works".

The bozo ended up clicking on random things on the screen
until something finally happened.

no-no-the-beer-means-OK--the-bimbo-means-CANCEL-ly y'rs

- Gordon