[Python-Dev] This Project Has Not Released Any Files

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:28:19 -0400 (EDT)

  GS> On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 01:42:19PM -0400, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
  >> On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 07:31:58PM +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
  >> >(*) ftp://ftp.python.org/python/src/README does not even mention
  >> >Python 2.0, and ftp://ftp.python.org/python/src/README.ftp says
  >>
  >> Unless one of the BeOpen Pythoneers is already going to do this,
  >> I'll go ahead and drop the relevant files into places.  Guys?

  GS> Please... just do it.

In the interest of making the distribution as widely available as
possible, I've placed files on SourceForge and at
http://www.python.org/2.0/

  >> ...  I like pythonX.X.tar.gz best, and will change the filenames
  >> (leaving bc-compat symlinks for py152.tgz and pyth151.tgz) unless
  >> vetoed.  Though isn't the standard GNU naming convention more
  >> like python-1.5.tar.gz?

  GS> I'm with Eric -- go for the GNU standard.

I used the file name conventions that we used throughout the 2.0
release cycle, e.g. Python-2.0.tar.gz.  I don't know if that's the GNU
standard or not (didn't realize it was a standard; don't know where to
find said standard; or is it just a custom?)

Jeremy