[Python-Dev] This Project Has Not Released Any Files

Thu, 19 Oct 2000 15:11:42 -0400

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 11:54:36AM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 01:42:19PM -0400, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
>> Unless one of the BeOpen Pythoneers is already going to do this, I'll
>> go ahead and drop the relevant files into places.  Guys?

>Please... just do it.

I charged ahead and did it anyway; the Pythoneers can spank me for it
later.  (Worse, maybe they'll do something *bad* to me...)  There were
already doc/1.6/ and doc/2.0/ directories, and binaries (Windows,
RPMs) were in /pub/python/2.0/, along with the source.

So I only touched /pub/python/src/.  All the releases and betas are
now consistently named python-X.Y.Z.tar.gz.  I've left symlinks in
place for the original filenames of the 1.5.1, 1.5.2 and 1.6 final
releases, but didn't bother making links for releases older than 1.5.1
or for beta versions, so any FTP URLs pointing directly to those files
will be broken.

--amk